Sunday, April 23, 2006

The blooming of the Blue Pea

The Blue Pea is also known as the Butterfly Pea and its scientific name is Clitoria ternatea. My memories of this beautiful flower are tied to its usage by my grandmother to give the blue colour in the blue pulut kuih that she used to make.

The teeny weeny blue pea flower peeking out of its protective sepals.


... it grows stronger ...


.... and is now in full bloom, its colours strikingly beautiful.


Soon, the pea pod is formed in place of the flower.


As it matures, the pea pod dries ...


... and splits to scatter the seeds which is the promise of the next generation.

2 Comments:

Blogger moggie said...

kinda like life,eh?

nicely taken, beautifully narrated, ladyhawk.

April 24, 2006 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger miloice said...

Ha Ha Ha! now I can comment here :P
Hmm blue pulut kuih..Ive tried it before I think. Other than that my grandmother also make 'Chang' using it.

May 8, 2006 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home